Parkinson’s SA&NT provides a range of recreational therapeutic supports, recognising the many benefits and outcomes associated with psycho-social activities.
Some common cognitive health-related outcomes include:
- Improved memory
- Better concentration
- Developed goal-setting skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Enhanced problem-solving
Some common emotional health-related outcomes include:
- Increased emotion regulation
- Feelings of autonomy
- A sense of meaning
- Improved self-determination
- Increased optimism
Some common physical health-related outcomes include:
- Increased mobility
- Improved strength
- Increased endurance
- Restored function
- Enhanced Immune system
- Improved blood pressure
- Tension reduction
- More restful sleep
- Higher energy levels
Some common social health outcomes include:
- Improved communication skills
- Developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate reciprocal relationship skills
- Increased social confidence
Some common spiritual outcomes include:
- Increased feelings of balance and stability.
- Improved ability to be Introspective.
- Decreased feelings of isolation and loneliness.
- Ability to identify purpose and meaning in life.
If you would like to know more information about the recreational groups available at THRF Group – Parkinson’s, please contact Simone on 08 8357 8909 or email [email protected]